THE BUSINESS OF BURLESQUE & CLASSIC COACHING COURSE
Hosted by Dolores Daiquiri & presented by The Australian Burlesque School & Red Bennies.
Do you want to understand ‘The Business’ and Art of Burlesque?
Do you want to understand the finer art of classic tease/burlesque?
Are you interested in developing your skills?
Are you eager to find your inner goddess through vintage-flavoured striptease?
Do you feel you need to step outside of your comfort zone and learn some new techniques?
Then this is the workshop for you!!
This weekend workshop runs over two days and is suitable for beginners as well as experienced/established performers who are keen to develop their on and off stage skills.
OCT 20 – Day 1 – Business of Burlesque Light & Classic Course Easy
OCT 21 – Day 2 – Business of Burlesque Heavy & Classic Course Hard
One day = $120 or Two Days = $199
DAY 1: 20th October
The Business of Burlesque No 1
1. Brief history of classic tease (predominantly the 20s to 50s).
2. Short update on the history and revival of Australian burlesque.
3. Getting to know the burlesque community. The who’s who?
4. How to get started as a classic burlesque performer and/or taking yourself to the next level.
5. Researching and copyright.
Basics of Classic Tease!
1. Developing a classic burlesque act. The how too guide.
2. Getting a gimmick.
3. Music choice.
4. The tricks of classic tease.
5. Standing out from the crowd.
6. Lets get started!! Choreography.
7. Using a mystery item.
8. Is the shimmy & bump n’ grind enough?
7. Question time.
DAY 2: 21st October
The Business of Burlesque No 2
1. Learn how to promote yourself to burlesque/cabaret promoters, venues and festivals.
2. Fee structure – what to charge for clubs, private or corporate events?
3. Showbiz etiquette.
4. Selling yourself – websites, blogs, social media, emails etc
5. Photos – do they work?
6. How to secure gigs, shows etc.
9. Applying for festivals, shows etc.
Tantalising Tips and Tease – Developing advanced skills of classic traditional burlesque.
1. Stage presence and movement
2. Body awareness and facial expression
3. Stage entrance and exit
4. Awareness and use of space
5. Costuming & props
6. Peeling garments
7. Fine tuning and learning new techniques
8. Taking you out of your comfort zone!
9. Finding your inner goddess!
10. Working an audience!
11. How to shine!
12. The tricks of classic tease!
13. Question time.
The workshop will be fairly intense but fun! It is aimed at developing your skills and taking you out of your comfort zone. You will be challenged, energised and even more motivated! Aimed at both newer and experienced performers who want to develop or advance their classic tease skills, learn new techniques and understand the business of the industry.
ALL STUDENTS WILL RECEIVE A COMPLIMENTARY WORKSHOP CERTIFICATE & HANDOUT PLUS A DISCOUNT ON PRIVATE LESSONS. ALL STUDENTS WILL HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO WIN A TICKET TO THE 2013 AUSTRALIAN BURLESQUE FESTIVAL AS A SPECIAL GUEST OF DOLORES DAIQUIRI.
Date: 20th and 21st October 2012
Where: Red Bennies, Chapel St Prahran
Time: 11am to 4pm (on hour lunch break 1pm to 2pm)
What to wear: Dance wear, something easy to perform in, heels. Please bring any items or small props you wish to work with.
1 Day only: $120 plus booking fee
2 days: $199 plus booking fee
*Workshop students will have the opportunity to win a double comp pass to “Champagne Burlesk”, courtesy of Dolores Daiquiri, for the 14th December at Red Bennies if they book and pay before the 12th October!