The Australian Burlesque Festival chats to one of the burlesque dancers (Sila Crosley) from The Desert Diamonds, They are performing in Varietease on the 5 October for the first time. We are thrilled to have them on board.
1. When did The Desert Diamonds form as a burlesque/dance troupe?
The Desert Diamonds formed in June 2017 after a conversation between Kaye Pedersen and Sila Crosley about a mutual desire to provide quality commercial dance performance and Cabaret styled entertainment to the Heart of Australia.
2. What do you love about burlesque?
The thing I love in particular as a woman is how empowering it is to watch women of all ages, shapes and sizes embrace their gorgeous bodies.
3. What sort of performance will the Alice Springs audience expect on the 5th October?
The Desert Diamonds performance explores the softer and more nurturing side of women.
4. Why did you apply for The Australian Burlesque Festival?
The Desert Diamonds decided to apply for the Australian Burlesque Festival this year because as audience members in last years show we were inspired by the class and talent of the headliners. We felt as a group we would be ready to help further share the art of Burlesque and cabaret with the community of Alice Springs.
5. If you had to explain what burlesque is to anyone who has never seen it what would you say it is?
Burlesque is the Art of the tease, and you will be teased by some of the best in the business taking you to the edge but always leaving something to the imagination.
To see the Desert Diamonds perform at ABF book here: TICKETS