– Fan technique & movement – framing, concealing, revealing
– Subtle Art of Tease — strutting, posing, bump n’ grind, glove peel, removing a garment and more
– Stage presence — audience interaction, facial expression, body posture & movement, ‘working it’!
– Costumes — what to wear to get the ‘wow’ factor!!
(Students will be taught a fun basic burlesque routine whilst learning the above)
- When: Saturday 28th of May, 1pm — 2.15pm
- Where: Blush Dance School, 8C/Alice Street, Newtown, NSW
- Level: Beginner/Intermediate
- What to bring: Long gloves, two small feather fans or equivalent
- What to wear: Corset, stockings, hair accessory, frilly knickers and heels, Workout attire – leggings, heels, top
- Cost: $30 class only, $50 gloves and fans provided
PURCHASE ONLINE HERE
Dolores Daiquiri has been at the forefront of the burlesque revival in Australia for about 10 years and is considered a ‘tease’ sensation on the stage!! Dolores started her career as part of Melbourne’s first burlesque troupe and then in 2009 went solo.
Her acts are not only seductive, classic, traditional and sophisticated they are dripping with vintage flair and glamour of a high standard.
Dolores prides herself in designing quality burlesque acts which she has performed in many, many showcases and high-end events over the years. Along with performing Dolores has created a myriad of productions and special events. These include Australian Burlesque Festival, Shimmy Shake & Red Door Burlesque to name a few.
Teaching is her next adventure and is a natural transition for Dolores as she has a vast amount of experience both on and off stage as a performer, producer and mentor. She commenced her teaching endeavour whilst in Paris 2010 where she was invited as a special guest to conduct a VIP Burlesque Masterclass.
Watch out for Dolores Daiquiri as her regular classes will commence late 2011!