Thank you for applying to take part in ‘The Australian Burlesque Festival’ 2017. Please note ABF has moved to October 2017.
The Australian Burlesque Festival welcomes all types of burlesque, variety and fringe entertainment. Accepting local and international performer applications.
The Australian Burlesque Festival is committed to providing a supportive, collaborative and community based program. We aim to maintain integrity and respect of performers and support staff while offering a unique and interactive burlesque festival experience. The Australian Burlesque Festival will continue to diversify, expand, achieve excellence and provide an inclusive showcase of different genres of burlesque within our community, both locally and internationally.
Successful applicants will have the opportunity to perform in a highly respected, star-studded Australia-wide festival. The Australian Burlesque Festival is the largest touring burlesque festival in the world showcasing hundreds of talented artists performing in ten or more shows across the country.
- Applications Open: 31 January 2017 CLOSED
- Application Deadline: 3 April 2017 CLOSED
- Acceptance Notifications: 10 – 17 April 2017 EXTENDED TO 30 APRIL DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS.
- Tour Dates: 28 September to 28 October 2017
- Tropical Tease (all genres accepted – must have more than 2 years performance experience)
- The Big Tease (classic, circus, variety performers – high calibre acts only. Must have at least 3-4 years experience) .
- Noir Exotique (all genres accepted – must have more than 2 years performance experience)
- New Follies Burlesque (burlesque, circus, variety performers – aimed at performers with less than 2 years experience)
- Seeking burlesque, boylesque, variety, circus, singers, cabaret, magic, sideshow, dark, queer, fetish, drag and more.
Application Tips & Tricks
In order to be successful with your application we have provided you with some ‘Tips & Tricks’ on how best to apply. We do recommend you refer to this document as it will assist with your application. You can download the form here.
Please be as descriptive as you can when filling out the ‘Application Form’. Try not to miss any steps otherwise your application will not be accepted. Make sure your bio and act submission truly represents your talent.
We highly recommend you copy and paste your application into a word document in the unlikely event that there is an error with online processing and we do not receive it.
The Australian Burlesque Festival will now include a ‘Scholarship Program’ for one or two successful applicants. For information on the program please download this document.
To express interest in the ‘Scholarship Program’ please fill out this questionnaire “SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM”
All candidates must apply to participate in the festival before being considered for the scholarship.
Terms & Conditions
We highly recommend that you download read and retain a copy of the ‘Terms & Conditions’. This has valuable information about ABF 2017 for performers.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that there is a non-refundable administration fee of AUD$16 (includes PayPal fee) payable to PayPal at the end of this form.
Please enter your stage name only below and in the PayPal invoice notes section. Applications cannot be accepted unless the PayPal fee has been paid. Fee $16 (included PayPal fee).